Chickasaw Cultural Center Tour
Date: April 3, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sponsor: Tribal Libraries Committee, Government Documents Roundtable, Social Responsibilities Roundtable, Local Arrangements Committee
Tour the Chickasaw Cultural Center, including a behind the scene look at their library, archives and preservation lab. This experience could include the Honor Garden, the Traditional Village, the Exhibit Center, the Theatre and Gift Shop. Lunch will be on your own at Aaimpa' Café. Transportation via bus will be provided from Ardmore.
Register early! This pre-conference tour is limited to the first 50 registered.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 Agenda **Check back for latest information**
- 8:30 to 9:45ish--load buses and travel from Ardmore to Center
- 9:45ish to 10:00ish arrive at the Center
- 10ish to 12ish: tour/introductions to the library, archives, preservation lab
- Noon: attendees have the opportunity to buy their own lunches at the Aaimpa' Café.
- after lunch, attendees, per their own timing and preferences, take in the Chikasha Poya Exhibits, the Anoli' Theater (if films are being shown that day), gift shop, Honor Garden, Sky Pavilion, Traditional Village, and any events at the amphitheater
- 3:30ish - attendees load bus to return to Ardmore.
For more information, please see the downloadable flyer.
Printable version of this page.