107th Annual Conference
Pre-Register in one of two ways:
- Pre-Register Online to pay by credit card or by invoice
- Download the pre-registration form in PDF to pay by personal check
The Program Committee has planned a conference with more than 60 continuing education events, several fun activities and opportunities to network with exhibitors, colleagues, and friends. All of this will happen at the Southern Hills Marriott in Tulsa.
Hotel Information: The Oklahoma Library Association has negotiated a special conference rate of $89 for a single or double room at the Southern Hills Marriott Hotel. When making room reservations, identify yourself as a registrant of the Oklahoma Library Association conference. For room reservations call 1-866-530-3760. THE DEADLINE TO RECEIVE THE GUARANTEED RATE OF $89.00 IS MARCH 9, 2014. Any diffculties, contact Kay Boies, OLA Executive Director.
Your Conference Registration fee includes Continental Breakfast in the Exhibit Hall on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, Snack Break in the Exhibit Hall on Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday and Wednesday luncheons, and a fun-filled All-Conference Event with heavy hors d’oeuvres on Tuesday evening. Other costs covered by your registration fee include speaker honoraria and expenses, room and equipment costs, printing, supplies, decorations, and hospitality.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM TOPICS
Serving young children, metadata, graphic novels, acquisitions, BISAC headings, RFID, archival materials, library research, interlibrary loan, intellectual freedom, Sequoyah programs, marketing, nonfiction books, Digital Prairie, serving teens, Battle of the Books, Common Core, leadership, food and nutrition resources, energy resources, Google hangouts, maker spaces, copyright, access services, management, interviewing, legislation, collaboration, self-publishing, burnout, Big Read and many others.
- Banquet with Poet Laureate Nathan Brown, followed by book signing
- Book Discussion luncheon with Myra Golden, followed by book signing
- Gold Nugget Night—All conference event
- Battle of the Books
- Exhibit Hall and OLA Store and Bookstore
- Annual Pub Crawl
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Teen Summit
- Battling Burnout
- Early Childhood Education Initiatives
- Marketing Bits and Pieces
- Will Rogers Museum Tour
MEET THE AUTHORS
- Michael Sullivan: Raising Boy Readers and Serving Boys Through Reader’s Advisory
- Myra Golden: Beyond WOW
- Nathan Brown: Less Is More, More or Less and Karma Crisis: New and Selected Poems
- Will Thomas: The Black Hand
- Constance Squires: Along the Watchtower
- Carolyn Hart: Ghost Gone Wild
- Crystal Inman: Earth Goddess