Online Career Development Resources
Sponsored by Public Libraries Division
Help your customers make the most of career and job search tools available online. This session will give library staff a look at popular and effective websites for customers in need of career assistance. There will also be a discussion of ways to critically evaluate online resources to insure that the information is current, accurate and unbiased. The session will include examples of: Classification Systems, Career Information Resources, Job Search Information, Online Job Boards as well as Social Networking Sites.
- Identify multiple types and sources of career information available online
- Demonstrate how different online resources can be used to help customers with their career needs
- Discuss ways to critically evaluate career information and online services
- Evaluate the technical readiness of yourself and customers
- Create a plan for remaining up to date on career development online resources
Phil Clark is the Branch Manager of the Newcastle Public Library and has been with the Pioneer Library System for five years. Before joining the Newcastle staff, Phil served as the Business Outreach Coordinator for PLS working out of the Norman Central Branch. In May of 2015 Phil completed his certification as a Career Development Facilitator (CDF) through the inaugural ALA CDF Program. Phil came to PLS with over 17 years banking experience conducting numerous trainings in the areas of customer service and regulatory compliance.