Job Seeking and Employability Skills
Sponsored by SMART
Not getting the results you desire from your job search efforts? Learn to take a business approach and improve your networking skills. This session will include an outline of the different steps of the job search process as well as ways to access the "Hidden Job Market". You will also receive valuable tips on effective resume writing and interviewing techniques.
- Identify the components of the job search process
- Explain the importance of developing a Business Perspective
- Describe ways to access the "Hidden Job Market"
- Discuss the best networking approaches
- Learn effective resume writing strategies and successful interview techniques
Phil Clark is the Branch Manager of the Newcastle Public Library and has been with the Pioneer Library System for five years. Before joining the Newcastle staff, Phil served as the Business Outreach Coordinator for PLS, working out of the Norman Central Branch. In May of 2015 Phil completed his certification as a Career Development Facilitator (CDF) through the inaugural ALA CDF Program. Phil came to PLS with over 17 years banking experience conducting numerous trainings in the areas of customer service and regulatory compliance.