The graduate scholarship is for someone currently working in an Oklahoma library returning to school to obtain a graduate degree leading to librarianship as a profession. The scholarship is called the Connie Van Fleet Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship has been awarded each year at the OLA annual conference beginning in 2014. While applicants may apply for both the Connie Van Fleet Memorial Scholarship and the regular scholarship for graduate study, only one scholarship per year, per applicant will be awarded. The recipient of the scholarship would need to meet the basic Applicant Eligibility Criteria as listed below:
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- Must be an Oklahoma resident.
- Must be a current member in good standing of the Oklahoma Library Association.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Must be currently employed in an Oklahoma library and have been accepted to a graduate study program that will result in a degree or certification leading to librarianship as a profession. Must have at least one semester of graduate study remaining.
- Must submit a formal application for consideration by the OLA Scholarship Committee.
- Must submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies completed to date.
- Must submit an essay of no more than 750 words demonstrating their commitment to Intellectual Freedom and/or Public Libraries.
- Must submit a current photo of yourself.
- A personal interview with the Scholarship Committee or its representative(s) may be required.
The application deadline is Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Please contact Scholarship Committee Chair Cathy Blackman, email@example.com, if you have any questions about these criteria.